Blog Archive

Sunday, September 6, 2026

Ultra rare 1965 Clemente Eye Patch parallel + has anyone seen Harman Killebrew and Mike Trout in the same room together?

 



First off, who does this to Roberto?  




And what kind of degenerate card collectors start a bidding war that pushes this to almost $40 instead of turning up their nose at a defaced and rough around the edges card instead of turning their nose up at it and allow the purest type of collector, ME, to obtain it for $3.  

I've gotten several offers recently on mid level HOFs cards in bad shape with ridiculous prices.  They all happen to have involved Harmon Killebrew.  First off I noticed this and thought it might be a nice addition for a few bucks.


 $205, that's Two Hundred and five.  That's as much as an actual slab might run and certainly way beyond what this card should be. An Equation: A (HOFer) + B (old Card from 1955) / C (condition that is beyond Poor with a negative grade number possible) does not = $205.  I hesitate to go as far as saying that removing the zero and making it $25 would be fair, but I'm new to this high end game.

That card brought my attention to this card.  


A little better shape, but has been defaced.  I suppose some mad man might pay something for it thinking they could remove or erase the mustache but even $100 seems high for a card that looks like it was used to roll a joint, or really several joints, a lot of them really.  That's probably the genesis for putting a mustache on him and just a simple little line across the lip and it makes the card more desirable. To discerning collectors such as myself.  It sort of makes him look like Mike Trout pasting a mustache on in order to be "anonymous" in some sort of Candid camera show.  

I guess one HK card leads to another and another by the algorithm.  And that is how I found this mold infested 1959.  




It was originally graded a 7 and looks to have been a nice card, but something got into the casing, according to the seller, who is asking the lowest price (of these 3) at $75 for the card that is most heinously damaged because nobody wants to change black mold getting into their collection.  I don't know if the graders guarantee watertightness in their slabs, but if they do, they should be on the hook for this one.  And it makes me wonder just what they were doing to introduce some kind of filth into the process.  If I had more time on my hand, I'd look up the cards with serial numbers that are 5-10 above and below and find out if there was something that was graded at Poor -1 with slime smeared all over.   Say caramel or cracker jack sticky from one of those mid-century sets that got stick residue on their hands to transfer to some other schmuck's card. I don't actually have the time to do that so let me know the results if you do. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultra rare 1965 Clemente Eye Patch parallel + has anyone seen Harman Killebrew and Mike Trout in the same room together?

  First off, who does this to Roberto?   And what kind of degenerate card collectors start a bidding war that pushes this to almost $40 inst...