Blog Archive

Monday, September 28, 2026

The HOF Rookie Card so trashed the eBay seller apologized for selling it to me

 Here's a couple recent eBay things really quick.  I got like 3 out of 7 this time, which is OK for a couple bucks.  


You can often count on a good team card to fill up high numbers.  Has only one Robinson on the card, but gosh, which one could it be if they didn't put a letter next to the name.  Alas we may never know.  And you can almost see Zubo's Unibrow from here in the 2nd Row far right.

These were the Rejects by the way, if anyone has a need for any of these you can reach out.  


This Jim proctor card doesn't look worn in he usual way, but it almost seems to have melted.  Some of the ink ran on the front and faded on the back.  


Gene Connelly is folded in half, which you see fairly often.  But they aren't usually folded diagonally.  I'm sort of surprised that its such a clean diagonal line.  



This isn't the most trashed card to go into the binder, but it is just trashed enough to make it.  The seller of Ozzie's RC actually apologized and offered to cancel my order and just wanted to make sure I knew what condition it was in.  Cancel my $2.99 order?  Hell no.  But I didn't even realize the prices some of these go for. 

But obviously not this one.

 I don't actively seek out trashed RC or "big" cards in bad shape, but when they present themselves, I'll give it some leeway in the damage department just to have that moment when someone else flipping thru the binder Gasps at the very idea of that card having been trashed.  Now to be fair, this has never happened because no one has ever come over to look at my cards and my sister won't even pretend to care even if I pay her.  Maybe I'll have to video myself flipping thru pages sometime and post it here and you can all post the moments when you gasped in the comments.  




2 comments:

  1. Recently, I have abrupty received refunds on a couple of Ebay purchases. I would have rather had the cards. I can deal with some damage on vintage cards in order to fill the spot in my binder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd pay $3 for that Ozzie any day of the week. Nice eBay find.

    ReplyDelete

The HOF Rookie Card so trashed the eBay seller apologized for selling it to me

 Here's a couple recent eBay things really quick.  I got like 3 out of 7 this time, which is OK for a couple bucks.   You can often coun...