Blog Archive

Monday, August 31, 2026

King Kong and CSI Von

 My sometime-trading partner Mark (TCDB mzentko) sent me some stuff out of the blue that I certainly appreciate

Gotta love a well love double oh like the Kingman All Star card.  


And the Tony Armas is pretty shabby too.


I do love it when a card gets jammed in on the middle of the edge but does little damage to the rest of the card.  It always makes me wonder what happened as I run my fingernail over it.  And the Von Joshua card has so much going on.  He looks like he stepped off the set of CSI to investigate how he got that unibrow.  Plus, it's an ATF card with that Marlboro billboard.  I'm thinking its Yankee stadium.  


Now looking at Don's cartoon back I'm stuck by the thought that I have never run into one of these cartoon cards with cartoon glasses or mustaches drawn on.  They only did them like this for a year or two.  Did they have to stop because of reports from parents that these cards encouraged artistic juvenile delinquency? Thanks Mark.  

And if you have trashed cards you want to get rid of email me and I'll figure out something cool to send back in trade.  


3 comments:

  1. Those top two cards remind me that I have a lot of late 70s early 80s nonsports cards in that condition. Let me know if you can use those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that would potentially be interesting. Reach out and lemme know what you got or send em along and I’ll see how I can make them fit.

      Delete
  2. Pretty much everything here from '76 to '82 is in terrible shape. Let me know which are most interesting to you! https://www.tcdb.com/Collection.cfm/member/borosny/collection/1?MODE=VIEWS&Type=Non-Sport&Status=S

    ReplyDelete

A huge box arrived from my new bff, you can scroll all night long!

 Ken H, a loyal reader who swears he never misses a post asked if he might send me something.  I said Sure thing and forgot about the couple...